Are you a highly motivated and dedicated individual looking to work part-time as a tutor? Ascent Tutors provides one-on-one, in-home tutoring. We individualize lessons and work closely with students to help them achieve their academic goals. If you are a dedicated tutor who wants to be a part of this fast growing company, apply today.
Teachers needed for the following subjects:
- SAT Prep
- ACT Prep
- Math (grades 1 — 8)
- Algebra I & II
- Geometry I & II
- Science (including chemistry, biology, physics)
- English (Reading & Composition)
Why work for Ascent Tutors?
- Work for a company that has over 30 years in-home tutoring experience.
- Flexibility of setting up lessons with students during a time that suits both of your needs.
- Students are matched up with you based on your experience and level of teaching.
- If you are ever uncomfortable with a student, you can always let us know and we will find new students for you.
*Better and timely payment because we seek better tutors.
What we are looking for:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or higher in order to tutor.
- Must have prior teaching/tutoring experience.
- You must have majored (or be currently majoring) in the subject you will be tutoring or a related subject.
- Friendly personality with great communication skills.
- Must have a reliable mode of transportation.
- Must be able to submit college transcripts or copies of standardized test scores.
If this is the job for you, please submit your resume, a cover letter and a list of the subjects you are able to teach.
We do not accept phone calls — we will call you for a follow up and an interview if we think you are qualified.
Location: NYC, Queens, Brooklyn, Long Island